Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bacon Crockpot Chicken

I love lazy Sundays.  Get the house work done on Saturday, or Friday night, and the rest of the weekend is spent lounging on the couch watching movies and moving as little as possible.

In an effort to make Sundays even lazier, I use my crockpot as often as I can.  I have even found a way to not have to wash it: crockpot liners by Reynolds.  They are handy things to have; they don't alter the flavor of the food, don't burn or melt, and rarely do they get a hole.  I think the holes usually come from me stirring too hard.

Tonight's dinner was perfect for a Sunday night.  The only effort I put into it was what little prep there was for the chicken and making the sides.  The meal was hearty, filling, and tasted fantastic!  My picky little eater at everything and asked for more. I generally cook for an army but tonight I only made three thighs (I don't care for breasts) so I could conserve my chicken for later meals.  That was a mistake. There are now no leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The original recipe can be found at Moms with Crockpots


Ingredients:

8 bacon slices
8 boneless, skinless breasts or thighs
2 cans roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup
1 c sour cream
1/2 c flour
salt and pepper to taste



Directions

1. Wrap the 1 slice of bacon around 1 piece of chicken and place in the crockpot.

2. Combine the soup, sour cream, and flour and whisk until well blended.  Pour over the chicken.

3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Remove the chicken and stir the gravy again to make sure it is blended. My chicken fell apart as I pulled it out so small chunks were left in the gravy.

4. Serve gravy over chicken and enjoy. Learn from my mistake and make the full recipe, not half!




No comments:

Post a Comment